Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Residential Construction / Home Builder Job Opening
We are seeking an experienced Chief Financial Officer for a leading, private homebuilder that is expanding in the Southeast region.
The role is an exciting opportunity for an opportunistic CFO with residential construction or related land development/acquisition financing experience. Reporting to the CEO and supporting numerous markets, a qualified candidate will have experience partnering with banks/private equity to secure and structure applicable financing. They’ll also have extensive accounting and operations experience that includes job-costing, general ledger accounting, and a strong understanding of GAAP.
The right candidate for this retained search will be responsible for establishing internal policies and controls relating to sales, purchasing, construction, land acquisition and development, job starts, and the closing process.
Chief Financial Officer Objectives
- Responsible for banking relations and opportunistic structuring of off-balance-sheet financing for strategic growth opportunities.
- Responsible for providing timely and accurate financial information to the CEO and executive leadership and assuring that corporate policies and procedures are carried out.
- Ensure that effective financial policies and procedures and the proper internal controls are in place.
- Ensure the company’s books are prepared and closed within the monthly guidelines and that the financial statements accurately reflect the operations.
- Responsible for assuring that all division personnel maximize investments and spend wisely.
- Responsible for making sure that all potential land deals meet the required corporate requirements.
- Responsible for analyzing, improving, and implementing new policies and procedures to keep up with technology enhancements and create more efficient operations.
- Responsible for making sure that all appropriate personnel is adequately trained and understand how to utilize the proper accounting system.
- Directly involved in all aspects of the company’s homebuilding operations with authority to interact with all departments and to determine if current departmental policies are efficient and will promote the higher well being of the company.
- Directly supervise the accounting department and carry out supervisory responsibilities per the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsible for ensuring top talent resides in the finance and accounting department.
Chief Financial Officer Qualifications
- 5+ years of CFO or finance leadership experience with a home builder is required.
- Private homebuilding finance experience is required.
- College degree and CPA preferred.
- A track record of building robust and high performing teams.
- Excellent analytical and writing capabilities. Must be able to present ideas, concepts, and technical strategies on an individual and group basis. Public speaking experience a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic, team player
Industry-Leading Homebuilding Benefits:
- Competitive compensation with strong division profit-sharing opportunity
- Health Care – medical/dental/vision/prescription drug coverage
- Disability programs
- Employee and dependent life insurance
- Vacation and company holidays