Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Land Development / Finance Job Opening
We seek an experienced Chief Financial Officer for a leading, private land developer expanding in the Southeast region.
The role is an exciting opportunity for an experienced CFO with residential construction or land development/acquisition financing experience. Our client is among the largest landholders in Atlanta and the surrounding markets.
Reporting to the CEO, a qualified candidate will have investment banking experience and relationships with banks/private equity to secure and structure applicable financing. They’ll also have extensive accounting and operations experience that includes job-costing, general ledger accounting, and a strong GAAP understanding.
The right candidate for this retained search will establish internal policies and controls relating to sales, purchasing, land development, job starts, and the closing process.
Chief Financial Officer Objectives
- Responsible for banking relations and opportunistic financial structuring for strategic growth opportunities.
- Responsible for providing timely and accurate financial information to the CEO and executive leadership and assuring that corporate policies and procedures are carried out.
- Ensure that effective financial policies and procedures and the proper internal controls are in place.
- Ensure the company’s books are prepared and closed within the monthly guidelines and that the financial statements accurately reflect the operations.
- Responsible for ensuring that all corporate personnel maximize investments and spend wisely.
- Responsible for making sure that all potential land deals meet the required corporate requirements.
- Responsible for analyzing, improving, and implementing new policies and procedures to keep up with technology enhancements and create more efficient operations.
- Responsible for making sure that all appropriate personnel is adequately trained and understand how to utilize the proper accounting system.
- Directly supervise the accounting department and carry out supervisory responsibilities per the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsible for ensuring top talent resides in the finance and accounting department.
Chief Financial Officer Qualifications
- 5+ years of CFO or equivalent finance leadership experience with a home builder or developer is required.
- Private homebuilding and development finance experience is required.
- College degree and CPA preferred.
- A track record of building robust and high performing teams.
- Excellent analytical and writing capabilities. Must be able to present ideas, concepts, and technical strategies on an individual and group basis. Public speaking experience a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic, team player
Industry-Leading Homebuilding Benefits:
- Competitive compensation with strong division profit-sharing opportunity
- Health Care – medical/dental/vision/prescription drug coverage
- Disability programs
- Employee and dependent life insurance
- Vacation and company holidays