CAD Designer & Manager Job Opening in Huntsville, AL
Residential Construction / Homebuilding Career Opportunity
We are seeking a CAD Manager with design experience for a fast-growing local builder (400+ units per year) in the Huntsville, AL market with an excellent reputation. The CAD Manager will support all aspects of the product development and design department with responsibilities that include supporting two designers, approving all plans before they go to the field and redlining plans as necessary.
Experience with Softplan design software is highly preferred. The position requires an ability to be multi-task oriented, self-sufficient, dependable, able to cope under pressure, maintain good judgment, be eager to learn and have a professional, supportive attitude.
This position will be responsible for collaborating with other team members to help achieve the highest performance level by developing and implementing fluid and manageable product development processes and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to read construction drawings and communicate with other team members, experience in AutoCAD and CNC machine programming, and drafting experience.
CAD Designer & Manager Responsibilities:
- Develop highly detailed and accurate architectural construction documents using industry-leading software.
- Attend onsite frame walks as required
- Stay abreast of current building codes and ADA requirements, design trends, and practices; attend industry trade shows as needed.
- Manage staff, projects, and procurement of software and hardware, plus the day-to-day output of the CAD function.
- Oversee CAD drafters’ work, making sure that every drawing is legible and professional and adheres to applicable project standards.
- Skilled at learning the team’s individual strengths, building on their weaknesses, and delegating work to the appropriate team member.
- Operational efficiency requires the right training, support, and integration. Ensure that the software works and learn how to use it while also establishing standards and best practices for productivity.
- Consult with structural and mechanical engineers as necessary.
- Maintain project schedules and develop cost-efficient designs.
CAD Designer & Manager Qualifications:
- 1-3 years experience with Softplan and/or AutoCAD
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree
- Strong interpersonal skills and an effective communicator
- High energy with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work effectively on a fast-paced team in a professional environment
- Residential home building experience is a plus.
Industry Leading Benefits:
- Competitive Compensation
- Home Purchase Discount
- Mortgage and Settlement Services Discounts
- Comprehensive Health, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) (Full-time employees are eligible to contribute immediately)
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Vacation and Holidays