Territory Sales Manager
LBM / Building Materials Career Opportunity
We are seeking a Territory Sales Manager in Lousiville for a lumber and building materials leader. The territory sales manager will work as part of a team to create and support the incremental sales growth and product placement with builders and contractors, and to align the channel for 3 specialty product lines to meet the growth objectives of the territory.
Territory Sales Manager Responsibilities
- Create sales growth and demand for specialty building products at the builder/contractor and dealer level and align the channel to pull through sales for distribution customers.
- Work with owners, general contractors, builders, framing contractors, sales managers, and building code officials.
- Prospect for new customers and negotiate through a complex sales process to align the channel.
- Partner with national account managers, district sales managers, and channel managers to meet common sales growth targets.
- Provide installation expertise and warranty information to builders and dealers.
- Increase and implement product placement with the top 25 builders in the major MSA’s within the territory.
- Establish relationships with the top installation contractors and with the building inspectors involved in specific markets/regions.
- Develop a solid working knowledge of builder pricing as well as installation cost.
- Conduct product knowledge and product installation seminars for builders and contractors.
- Assist the marketing team in our builder value proposition.
- Maintain the builder’s rewards program with the area builders.
- Participate in trade shows.
- Gather field intelligence, as well as maintain customer information within relevant systems to ensure open and accurate communication lines to the marketplace.
- Create a local value proposition working with the marketing department for each product line to provide the best in class sales support to builders and contractors.
- Represent the company in a professional manner consistent with the company’s core processes.
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations.
Territory Sales Manager Qualifications
- High-level knowledge of local building codes, practices and market intelligence.
- Deep understanding of building science
- Excellent business relationship with regional and local builders.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Must be able to work with their hands, speak the language of the trades to demonstrate and teach real-world product applications to builders and contractors
- Computer proficiency, including excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience working with multiple supply chain channels.
- Ability to work in a team and facilitate a results-oriented business plan.
- Excellent analytical ability to identify market opportunities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of construction/building practices.
- Proven builder sales history.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle a number of product categories and market initiatives.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field.
- 4-6 years of outside sales experience, with a history of cold calling and new customer development.
- Or any equivalent combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.