Director of Business Development Building Products Opportunity
We are seeking an experienced business development professional in the building products industry that has experience introducing new products to local, regional, and national homebuilders. Our client is the recognized leader and one of the fastest-growing companies in the premium smart home automation market.
The position will have national responsibility, can be located in any large city, and will report directly to the EVP of Global Sales.
Director of Business Development Skill Set Requirements
- A successful track record of selling and positioning new building products in the home building industry.
- Experience in developing programs and plans that have led to standardized offers by national/regional builders and developers.
- A passion for the home automation and smart home industry.
- 15+ years in the building products industry.
About Our Client
Our client was founded in 2005 with the goal of providing the best experience in home automation. When they began to imagine what the ideal automated home would look like, the one common thread was comfort—the feeling that everything in your home is just how you like it.
And because everyone likes things a certain way, they set out to make their product as adaptable as possible. Technological advances became the means to an end, not the reason for their existence. It was the best decision they ever made. It’s what makes them unique.
Since then, people from around the world have come to our client in search of a home tailored just for them, and the one thing they hear from all of them is that once you have one of their systems in your home, you’ll never want to live anywhere else.
Market Leading Home Automation Product:
High reliability: The home automation product uses commercial-grade equipment for every installation, which leads to lower failure rates and fewer after-sale issues.
Improves resale value: The systems are easily scalable and adaptable to new technologies so our client’s solution of today will also be the desirable solution of tomorrow.
Add to the whole-home experience: Just like you, our client puts thought into the whole home. Their smooth, elegant interface is easy-to-use and offers total control from a single app.
Director of Business Development Responsibilities
Our client is a recognized leader in the field of home automation, and one of the fastest-growing companies in the premium smart home market. Their bright, dedicated employees form a tight-knit team whose goal is to provide greater convenience and gratification to homeowners everywhere.
Reporting to EVP of Global Sales, this individual must possess a proven track record of relationship building and product specification within the Builder / Developer community.
- Must have business management and market program experience within the residential & MDU construction markets.
- Demonstrated experience in developing programs and plans that have led to standardized offers by the national/regional builders and developers.
- Strategic thinker who effectively uses resources to drive strategies that consistently deliver growth opportunities for the company.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the market through established relationships and experience.
- High character, career conscious, individual that will represent our client in a way in keeping with the company’s excellent reputation in the marketplace.
- Comfortable working cross-functionally to design winning product and pricing strategies to position our client for marketplace growth
Experience Necessary to be Successful:
- A “lead from the front” leadership approach
- 15+ years in the builder/developer market
- Track record of driving profitable revenue growth
- Passion for the Home Automation and Smart Home industry
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Thrives in a team environment with high standards
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Experience with sales tools (Salesforce) and reporting a plus
Builder Products Industry Leading Benefits:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care – Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays