Area Construction Manager Job Opening in Charleston, SC
Residential Construction / Home Builder Career Opportunity
A fast-growing homebuilder in Charleston, SC, is searching for an Area Construction Manager to effectively manage and be directly responsible for the homebuilding and customer service operations for a large geography. A strong construction background with a fast-paced, high-volume homebuilder is necessary.
Attention Project Managers, Field Managers, and Area Construction Managers: We are seeking high drive, ambitious candidates with a proactive, ‘get it done’ attitude. Work with some of the best / smartest leadership on a divisional and corporate level in the homebuilding industry.
This candidate will oversee the field personnel and processes in implementing and maintaining systems, procedures, quality standards, and cost efficiencies by company standards. The comp, company benefits, and the opportunity for personal and professional growth are solid for this opportunity.
Area Construction Manager Responsibilities
- Monitor overhead costs to total volume.
- Review and approve all department budgets.
- Monitor the starts-to-close and backlog process on a monthly basis to facilitate achievement of the business plan while ensuring consistent activity levels in all departments.
- Provide ongoing direction, support, and management to the Homebuilding Supervisor team.
- Ensure homes are built on the budget, on time, and by the quality standards established by the company.
- Assist in the value engineering of all construction products and procedures.
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation of all start packages.
- Monitor variance information and strategize with department managers to identify and correct recurring or preventable problems.
- Ensure all job site activities comply with the company’s established safety policies and procedures as well as with OSHA/EPA requirements.
- Ensure the systems and equipment being utilized by all homebuilding personnel are as up-to-date and effective as possible.
- Ensure all established processes and systems relative to homebuilding personnel are being adhered to as formulated and initiate new construction-related processes to enhance and improve construction operations.
- Ensure all models and community features meet the established appearance standards.
- Review exceptions to the warranty standards identify strategies for correcting recurring or preventable problems.
- Review all warranty expenses and approve any items requiring approval.
- Review all customer survey results every quarter and formulate strategies for addressing areas of concern.
- Recruit, interview and hire all reporting positions.
- Provide initial and ongoing training to direct reports to ensure they have the skills and knowledge to perform all position requirements successfully.
- Clearly, establish performance expectations with direct reports and provide the support and direction they need to achieve the desired results.
Area Construction Manager Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7-10 years’ experience in homebuilding required.
- Excellent analytical and writing capabilities. Must be able to present ideas, concepts, and technical strategies on an individual and group basis. Public speaking experience a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic, team player
Industry Leading Benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care – Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) With Company Matching Contributions
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays