We are seeking an experienced Regional Purchasing Manager for a very reputable regional homebuilder in the Melbourne, FL market. Experience as a Purchasing Manager, Purchasing Agent, or Estimator is preferred as the builder is growing fast and among the leaders in the market. The position will report directly to the Division President.
The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for the pricing of all homes within the division; ensure all pricing from trade partners is properly negotiated and recorded. Ensure purchase orders and budgets are maintained and accurate on all homes. The PM will also oversee and negotiate all pricing at the division level to align with national accounts and recommend vendors to the Division President.
This position is perfect for the experienced Sr. Purchasing Agent seeking the next level of opportunity or the Purchasing Manager seeking a change to a local leader.
Local and non-local candidates are welcome to apply but homebuilding experience is a must. The comp, benefits, and opportunity for personal and professional growth are very strong for this opportunity.
REGIONAL PURCHASING MANAGER OBJECTIVES:
- Meet overall objectives, at the corporate level, for purchasing and ensure alignment and compliance with the corporate purchasing strategy.
- Management of purchasing staff.
- Serves as resolution resource; analyzes data and makes decisions about trade compliance and efficiencies of processes, perform material estimates/take offs; maintain the common bid forms, schedule of values, standard specifications for each region.
- Ensure value and cost engineering efforts in each region.
- Coordinates information with Division President to ensure like –item assurance and consistent practices are being utilized throughout the company
- Manage the business strategies to control the costs of labor and materials within the Region.
- Review plans, new community and model decisions, presentation plans, website information, etc…
- Manages the merchandising of showcase homes.
- Facilitate organization change needed to support the overall mission/vision of purchasing department.
- Adhere to operating procedure for all purchasing and ensure compliance and integrity company-wide.
- Ensure conformance of all Holiday Builders standards, policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS FOR REGIONAL PURCHASING MANAGER:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related area
- Minimum 4 – 6 years directly related experience
- Budget Management experience
- Strong customer service skills required
- Computer skills (preferably in ERP purchasing application such as IHMS and Planswift, SAP, JDEdwards or equivalent)
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Functional/Technical skills (understands labor, materials, and the construction process)
- Possess problem-solving and negotiating skills
- Results oriented with timely decision-making ability
- Interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization requiring excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Possess ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Maintain attention to detail and follow through
- Developing direct reports, Directing others
- Health Care – Medical and Dental Coverage
- Paid Life Insurance Program
- Disability Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Company ESOP Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
All employees will support the organization’s mission and vision by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration and innovation, respect, commitment to our community, accountability, and ownership.