We are teaming with a leading homebuilder in search of a tactical Marketing Manager in Charleston, SC. The primary role of the Marketing Manager is to lead the marketing strategy and execution of programs designed to drive qualified traffic to our client’s communities and website with a focus on optimizing ROI of marketing spend. The Marketing Manager also serves the broader role of brand gatekeeper for every touchpoint the consumer has with the company.
The position will report directly to the Vice President of Marketing and support a high performing sales team.
KEY BUSINESS SKILLS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Possesses an innate marketing acumen and a passion for the consumer
- Strong track record of developing and executing 360 strategic marketing plans and associated tactics
- Applies best practices in evaluating creative with a direct call-to-action across online & offline vehicles
- Proven success using database (corporate and 3rd-party) marketing to drive tangible business results
- Skilled at establishing measurement and tracking criteria for evaluation of marketing programs
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills who can draw meaningful conclusions from existing data
- Unafraid to test boundaries, challenge traditional thinking, speak-up, and lead-up to drive the business
- Highly organized with attention to detail & eye for quality execution, yet understands the role in the big picture
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills – everything about this role is consumer-facing
KEY FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Serve as brand gatekeeper for the division, with ultimate responsibility for ensuring that every touchpoint the consumer has with the company brand is consistent, premium, and world-class.
- Develop, manage, and flawlessly execute annual/quarterly marketing strategies and division and community marketing plans, from audience selection to offer and messaging strategy, vehicle selection, creative development, measurement, evaluation, and optimization
- Manage marketing budget and analyze program performance on an ongoing basis with a focus on optimizing Cost/Prospect, Cost/Sale, and ROI. Issue performance reports to key constituents on an ongoing and ad hoc basis
- Lead new community launch process, from initial focus groups to establish consumer expectations in the market, through selection of design firm to merchandise models based on targeted buyer profile, and managing ad agency through creation of items including direct mail, email, collateral, signage, displays, ads (online and offline), community web page optimization and grand opening events.
- Review community traffic on a weekly basis to identify trends, evaluate any communities behind traffic and/or sales goals, and make marketing plan recommendations to improve traffic performance.
- Work closely with VP of Sales to ensure marketing programs are aligned with Division goals. Attend weekly sales meetings and conduct community visits to build rapport with sales agents, assess sales office & model presentation, signage & collateral, and monitor market trends and competitive activity.
- Conduct ongoing review of division, community and plan pages at company website to ensure appropriate brand, USP and promotional messaging are in place for the target profile. Responsible for updating the site with new model photography and ensuring that community and plan info is accurate.
- Own the holistic lead management database messaging capabilities for the division, responsible for all triggered emails, e-blasts, and messages sent on behalf of individual communities and/or at the request of individual sales counselors.
- Assist community sales counselors with necessary on-site promotional support and self-marketing efforts, ensuring that all community-specific touchpoints are consistent with brand guidelines.
- Serve as division point person for market-specific consumer research needs, and local market expert responsible for monitoring competitive activity online and on-site in communities.
- Play lead role in merchandising model homes, identifying design trends and featured options aligned with target profile, and ensuring a world-class product presentation consistent with brand direction.
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care – Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) With Company Matching Contributions
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays