We are teaming with a fast growing homebuilder in search of an analytical professional with a strong background in accounting and finance to join their Atlanta division team as a Vice President of Finance.
We are seeking a strategic thinker with a strong finance background that can be a business partner to the Division President.
We are seeking a candidate with Director, Controller, and / or VP level experience, preferably in the homebuilding, land development and/or construction industry.
The position will report directly to the Division President and a CPA is preferred. Experience with a high volume builder or regional builder is preferred as the builder ranks in units (600+) among the largest in the market. Local and non-local candidates will be considered. The comp, benefits, and opportunity for personal and professional growth are very strong for this opportunity.
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our client’s values of putting the customer – and their needs – first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, our client offers full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
RESPONSIBILITIES OF VICE PRESIDENT OF FINANCE:
- Ensures understanding and compliance with financial and accounting policies, internal control procedures and practices
- Supervises the annual business planning and quarterly project budget update process ensuring a high level of transparency and accuracy
- Works closely with Division President and the Land Acquisition department in analyzing the viability and structure of potential deals and determining the direction of future project and product positioning
- Performs post acquisition project reviews comparing actual results with original underwriting to identify trends or gaps as well as areas of improvement for future deals
- Reviews, analyzes, and presents financial and non-financial submarket data to management as needed when reviewing existing communities or when considering new investments
- Provides analytical support to the management to improve homebuilding operations and to identify opportunities for cost savings
- Works closely with the Sales and Marketing department in establishing correct project level pricing model, including base prices, lot premiums, option pricing, and incentive promotions
- Works closely with the Sales and Construction departments in determining optimum production levels in each community as well as mapping production direction within a community
- Reviews the division financial reporting package and associated local management schedules
- Serves as local driver of process improvement efforts driven to standardized processes in all aspects of operations
- Ultimately responsible for coordination of back office operations including payroll & commissions, purchasing/architecture, construction coordination & sales & escrow coordination
- Oversees contract processing and closing function for the Division ensuring that all sales documents comply with local and corporate requirements, in addition to ensuring that all closings occur expediently at a high level of customer satisfaction
- Provides support and direction to the Corporate Accounting group in the preparation of division financial statements and disclosure
- Oversees internal control and other accounting/operational procedures within the Division
- Recruits, hires, evaluates, trains, develops and retains a productive and highly engaged department
- Develops positive, teamwork and achievement-oriented work culture for staff
- Models and reinforces actions consistent with the Company’s values, vision and culture in line with the core leadership competencies.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR VICE PRESIDENT OF FINANCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting is required
- CPA or MBA with residential construction experience preferred
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Experience with JD Edwards accounting software (or similar accounting platform)
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and Access
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care – Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) With Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays