We are seeking a construction Project Manager for a custom homebuilding and remodeling company that services the greater Indianapolis area including Fishers, Carmel, Noblesville, Westfield, Zionsville & Geist.
The Project Manager coordinates, plans and supervises all project field activities. The Project Manager will be responsible for providing proactive leadership to develop and promote a culture of safety on the project site and is responsible for coordinating plans and specifications with design and purchasing. They will also be responsible for developing and maintaining client relationships as may be necessary.
Experience with diverse project types including new home construction is a must. Experience with large custom homes is a plus and design-build experience is preferred. Candidates must be willing to work on-site at locations throughout the greater Indianapolis area.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who wants to join a strong, successful and highly respected team. The candidate must have a strong work ethic, a passion to fulfill commitments, remarkable enthusiasm and a sincere commitment to client satisfaction.
PROJECT MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, maintains and enhances client relationships
- Partners with sales and design during the construction phase to ensure project is delivered per specification and schedule
- Assures construction schedules are maintained by trade contractors
- Develops, updates and reviews the project schedule on a daily and regular basis
- Maintains quality control by frequent and regular inspection of work in progress and completed phases of construction
- Provides proactive and intentional leadership in enforcing quality and site condition standards / maintains construction safety
- Supports and coordinates interface between design and field construction
- Reviews and approves progress payment requests to ensure that work in place matches payment and submits for approval
- Receives and reviews requests for extra construction work by contractors and submits for approval
- Leads the on-site construction team and provides direction, support and feedback to team members
- Develops, maintains and enhances contractor and vendor relationships
- Coach, mentor, and train field personnel
PROJECT MANAGER DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of supervisory experience as a Project Manager or Construction Manager
- Bachelor Degree in Construction Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architectural Engineering, or equivalent preferred or equal experience
- Working knowledge of field construction: systems, practices, safety and procedures
- Working knowledge of general engineering principals and construction techniques, materials, methods, and sequencing
- Knowledge of basic scheduling techniques (i.e., Critical Path Method)
- Ability to interpret construction documents
- Positive attitude and professional customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, communication, supervisory, problem solving, initiative, and teamwork skills
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Project (preferred)
- Driver’s license required