We are teaming with a large national homebuilder in search of a Land Acquisition Manager in the Atlanta market. The position will report to the Vice President of Land Acquisition and Development at this fast growing 500+ unit division. Experience in Land Acquisition, Land Brokering or Land Sales is required and experience working with Land Development is a plus. A college degree is required along with a demonstrated track record of successfully managing budgets and Broker / Seller relationships. Candidates with documented Land Acquisition experience in the Atlanta market are highly preferred.
Are you an excellent networker, skilled negotiator, and savvy analyst with a passion for dirt? If so, our client offers the chance to utilize your skills and exercise your passion while building a career with a growing industry leader. As Land Acquisition Manager, you will continually monitor, search and identify new sites in locations designated by senior management.
ESSENTIAL LAND ACQUISITION MANAGER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Analyze markets and sub-markets and the division’s current land positions in order to identify gaps and strategic areas for concentrating future land acquisitions.
- Oversee potential new projects for the division including identification of parcels, negotiation with sellers, due diligence, and preparation of Corporate Approval Package.
- Responsible for review/preparation of market data and competitive pricing analysis, and evaluating the overall technical and financial feasibility of a potential project.
- Prepare letters of intent and respond to requests for qualifications in a competitive bid situation.
- Review survey/title issues and other reports to determine liabilities of potential acquisitions.
- Assist in the presentations before municipal decision-making bodies and other government entities as necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of market activities, trends and opportunities and generate prospective land deals through networking with industry and local contacts, brokers, title companies, developers, other builders, land sellers, and others.
- Responsible for the preparation of deal summaries and land tracking report for corporate management and Division President.
- Create and foster relationships with landowners, land brokers, title companies, lenders, municipalities other homebuilders, and lot developers
- Negotiate and prepare amendments to existing land contracts as necessary.
SUCCESSFUL LAND ACQUISITION MANAGER CANDIDATES SHOULD POSSESS THE FOLLOW SKILLS:
- Four-year degree with business emphasis preferred
- Three to five years of documented experience in successful land acquisition
- Demonstrated leadership & problem solving abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills while maintaining a focus on human relations
- Experience with contract negotiation and terms agreement
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
WHEN YOU WORK FOR AN INDUSTRY LEADER, YOU ARE REWARDED WITH:
- Excellent Salary Package
- Outstanding Growth Potential (80% of our managers have been promoted from within)
- Lucrative Profit Sharing/Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacations and Holidays