We are teaming with a fast growing local homebuilder to fill the position of Human Resources Manager. The position will be based in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. We are seeking a candidate with a strong recruiting and generalist background. It is critical that candidates have homebuilding or related industry experience. This position will report directly to an executive leader, be supported by a payroll and benefits team member, and support at team of 80 employees.
KEY SKILL SET / EXPERIENCE:
- Passion for talent acquisition and talent development.
- Strong desire to join an entrepreneurial company and lead their efforts to attract, hire and develop an awesome team.
- Extremely organized, high energy, optimistic, creative, fun, self-motivated, collaborative, hands on, detail-oriented and flexible.
- History of recruiting and hiring “A” players through the entire recruiting and hiring process for hourly and salaried positions.
OBJECTIVES OF HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER:
- Recruit, interview, and recommend employment candidates to fill vacant positions across all departments of the company.
- Manage the needs analysis process and develop sourcing strategies based on position description and locations.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation for new employees to ensure productive acclimation to the company and foster positive attitude toward company goals.
Maintain Employee Records and Files:
- Monitor personnel actions (such as hires, promotions / demotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations) and employee relations issues (such as employee complaints, employee injury rates, etc).
- Establish policy and ensure compliance related to employee relations, anti-discrimination issues, equal employment opportunities, compensation and time and attendance administration, and employee benefits.
- Monitor and submit insurance claims related to worker’s compensation, disability, pregnancy disability and family medical leave, and COBRA administration.
- Oversee the payroll and benefit program.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER:
- Construction or homebuilding experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR or related field
- Strong staffing (exempt & non-exempt operations) and employee relations experience
- Competent knowledge of HRIS / systems, payroll, compensation, benefits, change management, employee orientation / education and regulatory compliance is expected
- 4-8 years of experience with recruiting, employment and benefits.
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care
- 401(k) With Company Matching Contributions
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
CRITICAL SKILLS FOR HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER:
- Excellent organizational skills
- High attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Capacity to work at high levels in a fast paced environment