We are seeking an Estimator for a regional homebuilder that will support the Jacksonville Florida market.
Experience in the homebuilding industry is preferred as the builder is growing fast. Only local candidates will be considered. The comp, benefits and opportunity for personal and professional growth are very strong for this opportunity.
- Estimate materials for new plans.
- Create and maintain accurate material take-offs.
- Assist contract administrators with unitized material pricing.
- Monitor material usage in the field for overages/shortages.
- Record and analyze take-off data through Microsoft excel.
- Process plan changes
- Assist National team with plan value engineering
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ESTIMATOR:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or 2-3 years of experience in estimating of materials in a home building environment
- Basic computer skills – Word, Excel, Outlook, and Precision Builder
- Strong oral and written communication and negotiating skills; must be able to organize and coordinate between construction and sales
- Knowledge of working with NewStar or other purchasing software
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision
- Strong ability to work efficiently in a fast paced environment, meeting deadlines and maintaining accuracy
- Short and Long Term Disability and a much more