We are teaming with a leading private homebuilder, with operations throughout Florida, in search of an Area Director of Operations for their Port St. Lucie division. The Area Director will oversee and facilitate the successful operations of a designated division.
We are seeking candidates with a strong construction and purchasing background in the homebuilding industry. The Area Director will oversee all operations for the division including construction, purchasing, service, and sales. Local and non-local candidates will be considered. The comp, benefits, and opportunity for personal and professional growth are very strong for this opportunity.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF HOMEBUILDING DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS:
- Oversees the implementation of the company’s systems, policies and procedures within the region(s) assigned.
- Develops strategic plans and negotiate, to promote improvement and new business opportunities within and for the region and the Company.
- Manages, directs and/or appropriately delegates the processes, tasks, and procedures related to the sale and construction of residential properties within the designated region(s).
- Provides guidance and direction to the Sales Manager, Project Manager, Purchasing Manager and or appropriate staff to ensure conformance with all company standards, policies, and procedures.
- Responsible for home sales pricing and expense control to generate and achieve desired profit margins and net income as established by the Company.
- Regularly conducts and/or attends meetings to maintain consistent communication, assist with the resolution of problem areas and promote ideas for improvement.
- Ensures home owner concerns are promptly and efficiently resolved; personally becoming involved when required.
- Maintains and implements overall project planning schedules and task assignments on a weekly/monthly basis for the region(s).
QUALIFICATIONS FOR HOMEBUILDING VICE PRESIDENT OF OPERATIONS:
- College degree required
- Minimum 5 years experience in residential construction management
- Excellent analytical and writing capabilities. Must be able to present ideas, concepts and technical strategies on an individual and group basis. Public speaking experience a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic, team player
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care – Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays