We are teaming with a large national homebuilder in search of a Vice President of Land Acquisition in the Charleston market. The position will report to the Division President at this fast growing 500+ unit division. Director or VP level experience in Land Acquisition, Land Brokering or Land Sales is required. A college degree is required along with a demonstrated track record of successfully managing budgets and Broker / Seller relationships. Candidates with documented Land Acquisition experience in the Charleston or surrounding markets are highly preferred.
Are you an excellent networker, skilled negotiator, and savvy analyst with a passion for dirt? I f so, our client offers the chance to utilize your skills and exercise your passion while building a career with a growing industry leader. As Director of Land Acquisition, you will continually monitor, search and identify new sites in locations designated by senior management.
ESSENTIAL DIRECTOR OF LAND ACQUISITION JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Analyze markets and sub-markets and the division’s current land positions in order to identify gaps and strategic areas for concentrating future land acquisitions.
- Oversee potential new projects for the division including identification of parcels, negotiation with sellers, due diligence, and preparation of Corporate Approval Package.
- Responsible for review/preparation of market data and competitive pricing analysis, and evaluating the overall technical and financial feasibility of a potential project.
- Prepare letters of intent and respond to requests for qualifications in a competitive bid situation.
- Review survey/title issues and other reports to determine liabilities of potential acquisitions.
- Assist in the presentations before municipal decision-making bodies and other government entities as necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of market activities, trends and opportunities and generate prospective land deals through networking with industry and local contacts, brokers, title companies, developers, other builders, land sellers, and others.
- Responsible for the preparation of deal summaries and land tracking report for corporate management and Division President.
- Create and foster relationships with landowners, land brokers, title companies, lenders, municipalities other homebuilders, and lot developers
- Negotiate and prepare amendments to existing land contracts as necessary.
SUCCESSFUL DIRECTOR OF LAND ACQUISITION CANDIDATES SHOULD POSSESS THE FOLLOW SKILLS:
- Four-year degree with business emphasis preferred
- Three to five years of documented experience as a Director or VP of Land Acquisition with a homebuilder
- Demonstrated leadership & problem solving abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills while maintaining a focus on human relations
- Experience with contract negotiation and terms agreement
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
WHEN YOU WORK FOR AN INDUSTRY LEADER, YOU ARE REWARDED WITH:
- Excellent Salary Package
- Outstanding Growth Potential (80% of our managers have been promoted from within)
- Lucrative Profit Sharing/Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacations and Holidays