We are teaming with a leading builder in Charleston in search of a Director of Customer Relations responsible for managerial control and implementation of divisional warranty programs, customer care program and corporate service strategies for all communities.
A strong construction and warranty background with a fast paced high volume homebuilder is necessary. We are seeking high drive, ambitious candidates with a proactive, ‘get it done’ attitude.
The Director of Customer Relations will maintain customer care records and support department activities. They will manage team of customer relations field reps and office staff and resolve customer care issues through research and field visits.
RESPONSIBLITIES FOR HOMEBUILDING DIRECTOR OF CUSTOMER RELATIONS:
- Coordinate the daily monitoring, assignment and completion of all service requests and / or warranty commitments.
- Provide daily direction for customer care coordinator/administrative assistant, ensure that established procedures are followed for homeowner calls, written repair requests and communicate information to customer care reps in a timely manner.
- Maintain positive homeowner relations; provide homeowner with knowledgeable, timely and professional response to telephone inquiries and resolve difficult customer care issues through personal involvement, including in person visits.
- Answers incoming Customer Care phone calls, responds to routine Customer Care inquiries, directs other calls as appropriate.
- Keep Division Management informed of potential homeowner issues where major cost factors may be encountered.
- Create and distribute departmental and division reports to Division Management as directed.
- Collaborate in the formulation and establishment of warranty related policy, field practices and service procedures.
- Proactively work with division management to improve purchasing, construction and selling practices in order to reduce the frequency of customer complaints.
- Formulate and keep updated warranty manuals, orientation packages, policies and procedure manuals and homeowner handbooks.
- Manage division Water Intrusion Program with Director of Construction and report on status to MTM’s daily on water intrusion issues.
- Mentor Customer Care associates by providing leadership, ongoing development, and strong learning experiences while establishing goals and coaching performance to meet business targets.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, supervision and motivation of Customer Relation Associates.
- Conduct and/or contribute to monthly/quarterly and/or annual performance appraisals.
- Conduct regular staff meetings and training sessions.
- Organizes bimonthly JD Powers’ team meetings.
- Responds to corporate complaints within 1 hour and updates the DOC and DP in writing within same day received.
- Monitors and allocates staffing levels to adequately maintain coverage for all customer care requests. Reviews customer care signoffs to insure full completion of warranty service requests.
- Monitors trends in warranty service requests. Creates and generates reports as necessary to identify such tends.
- Works closely with the Construction staff to increase quality through such observation and research.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR HOMEBUILDING DIRECTOR OF CUSTOMER RELATIONS:
- Thorough knowledge of building codes and industry standard building practices.
- Minimum High School or GED required. College Degree preferred
- Minimum 10 year experience in Customer Service and Construction Manager with a Homebuilder (combination of Customer Service and Construction Manager)
- Minimum 5 year experience in directing, coordinating and supervising staff in Homebuilding Customer Relations
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering reports and details
- Extensive knowledge and familiarity with carpentry, structural design, engineered wood products and failure analysis
- Intermediate to advanced PC skills (Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care – Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) With Company Matching Contributions
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays