We are teaming with leading national homebuilder to fill the position of Director, Human Resources. The position will be based in Northern Virginia / Metro DC and support several markets in Metro DC, Maryland, and Virginia. We are seeking a strong HR leader and partner with an excellent recruiting background.
It is NOT critical that candidates have homebuilding or related industry experience. This position will report directly to an executive leader in the region, and support the Division Presidents within the region.
KEY SKILL SET / EXPERIENCE:
- Passion for talent acquisition and talent development.
- Strong desire to join a market leader and lead their efforts to attract, hire and develop an awesome team.
- Extremely organized, high energy, optimistic, creative, fun, self-motivated, collaborative, hands-on, detail-oriented and flexible.
- A strong HR business partner background.
OBJECTIVES OF DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES:
- Recruit, interview, and recommend employment candidates to fill vacant positions across all departments of the company.
- Manage the needs analysis process and develop sourcing strategies based on position description and locations.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation for new employees to ensure productive acclimation to the company and foster positive attitude toward company goals.
Maintain Employee Records and Files:
- Monitor personnel actions (such as hires, promotions/demotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations) and employee relations issues (such as employee complaints, employee injury rates, etc).
- Establish policy and ensure compliance related to employee relations, anti-discrimination issues, equal employment opportunities, compensation and time and attendance administration, and employee benefits.
- Monitor and submit insurance claims related to worker’s compensation, disability, pregnancy disability and family medical leave, and COBRA administration.
- Support the payroll and the benefits program for the region.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESROURCES:
- Construction or homebuilding experience not required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR or related field
- Strong staffing (exempt & non-exempt operations) and employee relations experience
- Competent knowledge of HRIS / systems, payroll, compensation, benefits, change management, employee orientation/education and regulatory compliance is expected
- 4-8 years of experience in recruiting, employment and benefits.
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care
- 401(k) With Company Matching Contributions
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
CRITICAL SKILLS FOR REGIONAL HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER:
- Excellent organizational skills
- High attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Capacity to work at high levels in a fast-paced environment