We are seeking an experienced Area Sales Manager for a high volume public home builder in the Houston market. The position will report directly to the Vice President of Sales. Local candidates with experience at a high volume builder is preferred as this company is growing fast and is among the largest in the market.
KEY ATTRIBUTES FOR THIS POSITION:
- Experience in active adult communities
- Great sense of urgency in driving sales
- Strong leadership and strategic management skills
The comp, benefits, and opportunity for personal and professional growth are very strong for this opportunity.
AREA SALES MANAGER OBJECTIVES:
- To recruit, train and develop sales associates.
- To manage field sales of assigned communities and achieve assigned communities’ sales goals.
- To support Sales Associates in achieving sales objectives in a manner that is consistent with good business practices and that adheres to company policies and procedures.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR AREA SALES MANAGER:
- Travel to assigned communities within region.
- Develop, monitor and maintain sales plans for each assigned community, with Vice President Sales & Marketing.
- Train and coach sales associates in selling skills on a continuing basis.
- Recruit, motivate and evaluate Sales Staff.
- Assist Sales Associates in achieving sales objectives for each community.
- Prepare sales center staffing schedules.
- Gather and analyze competitive data for market analysis.
- Review and analyze mystery shops of Sales Staff.
- Ensure current and accurate sales materials are in each community.
- Monitor follow-up of Sales Staff.
- Participate and facilitate weekly sales meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR AREA SALES MANAGER:
- Associate degree in Business or related field or at least five years of on-site sales experience (preferably with a production builder)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Computer literacy
- Strong relationship skills.
- Strong self-organization skills.
- Strong planning and problem-solving skills.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care – Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) With Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)