We are seeking a talented designer to join our client’s design and homebuilding team in Indianapolis, IN. For this position, we are looking for an experienced designer and drafter with experience in AutoCAD and Revit. An architectural background wth the ability to produce architectural drawings for residential projects with excellent attention to detail is necessary. Our client is a custom builder in the market with a knack for excellent designs and a fast paced high energy culture.
The job will entail working with their Revit and interior designers to ensure designs are properly executed. The position will also involve visits with multiple builders for site frame and drywall inspections during construction. Whether a model home, a companion plan or a pure custom home design, the ADD must have the skills necessary to ensure all new product meets our strict standards for function and design excellence.
PRIMARY ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF DESIGN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop highly detailed and accurate architectural construction documents using industry leading software
- Consult with Structural and Mechanical Engineers
- Maintain project schedules
- Develop wall panel layouts and fabrication reports using proprietary software applications
- Develop cost efficient truss designs
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF DESIGN QUALIFICATIONS:
- The successful candidate should have a minimum of 5 years residential design experience.
- A strong work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in managing and directing the work of other designers.
- Familiarity with residential architectural styles common in the Midwest.
- Be proficient at hand drawing/sketching both floor plans and elevations.
- Proficiency in AutoCad and Revit.
- A background in custom homes would be ideal.
- AIA, ICA or AIBD certification, a plus.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF DESIGN BENEFITS:
- Competitive Compensation
- Home Purchase Discount
- Mortgage and Settlement Services Discounts
- Comprehensive Health, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) (Full-time employees are eligible to contribute immediately)
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Vacation and Holidays